Информационно-новостной портал города Воронеж: основные события, афиша, справочная служба, адреса, телефоны... Бизнес, спорт, культура, кино, экономика, медицина и здоровье, наука.Информационный городской портал Воронежа. Статьи, публикации, мнения, последние новости столицы центрального-черноземного региона.
Войти на сайт
Регистрация  |  Забыли пароль?
  ПОИСК  
Форум | Новичкам о портале | Тема: When Los Angeles Dodgers manager Dave Roberts pulled Ross S
When Los Angeles Dodgers manager Dave Roberts pulled Ross S

Дата: 10 августа 2022 года, 10:14
Ответить с цитированием / Ответить
When Los Angeles Jarlin Garcia Jersey Dodgers managerDave Roberts pulled Ro s Stripling fromFriday night's gameagainst San Franciscowith a no-hitter intact, it wasn't initially awell-received move by fans.The Dodgers ledthe Giants 2-0with one out in the eighth inning, butStripling had just walked his fourth batter of the game and had thrown 100 pitches. After Stripling was taken out, the next batter, Giants catcher Trevor Brown,blasted a two-run homer to tie the game. Brandon Crawford's solo shot in the bottom of the 10th inning gave the Giants a 3-2 win.MORE: | Although Roberts denied Stripling a chance at a no-hitter in his MLB debut, Stripling's parents were grateful the managerhad Stripling's long-term durability in mind."One of the cool things I experienced: This morning Ro s' dad was in the lobby and he sought me out and came up to me and, really emotional, just thanked me for him and his wife for looking out for their son,» . «They know their kid's story, what he endured to get Trevor Richards Jersey here, and they enjoyed the moment more than anyone, but they say thank you. I'll have their support forever. It was their stamp of approval."Stripling, 26, is two years removed from Tommy John surgery and, having surrenderedfour walks and 100 pitches against the Giants, Roberts felt the time was right to take out his pitcher.MORE: |"His velocity was down, the stuff not as crisp,» Roberts said. «In talking to many pitchers, compare a Spring Training game and look at the intensity of a Andre Dawson Jersey Major League game and compound that with the debut, there's a lot of emotional stre s with those pitches. Taking everything into consideration, it's easy to say 100 pitches, but there's more layers to it."Look, I want to see him throw a no-hitter; it's a special moment. But we're looking at the long view and Ro s can help us win many more games. If it went south and something were to happen, I couldn't live with myself. It's his livelihood."Stripling' Sergio Romo Jersey s feelings weren't hurt, even though the Dodgers eventually lost the game."I think that when I look back at it, I will think, 'Wow, for a first start that was awesome,» , who told reporters he had 174 text me sages waiting for him following the game. «But I'll also think when I walked out of the locker room, there were 21 of my Jose Urena Jersey closest friends looking at me, clapping for me, so that was pretty special. That will probably be, honestly, what I remember the most. But as far as being at the Giants, in San Francisco, awesome atmosphere, huge rivalry, I couldn't ask for a better debut, I gue s."Well, a win would've been nice. He'll get another shot Thursday in his home debut against the Arizona Diamondbacks.

Средняя оценка: 1,52

© 2005–2024 «Лучший Город». Все права защищены.
Контакты  |  Реклама на порталах

Лента новостей RSS

При частичном использовании материалов портала
гиперссылка (hyperlink) на «Лучший Город — Воронеж» обязательна.
Полное использование материалов возможно только
с разрешения редакции.

Интернет-портал Лучший Город (Best City)
Свидетельство о регистрации ЭЛ № ФС 77 - 79138 от 22.09.2020
Выдано Федеральной службой по надзору в сфере связи, информационных технологий и массовых коммуникаций (Роскомнадзор)
Учредитель — ООО «ВСС»
Главный редактор — Куранов Ю.Г.
E-mail: sales@best-city.ru
Телефон: +7 (903) 798-68-89

Поиск по сайту

Расширенный поиск  |  Карта сайта